Sunday 16 February 2014

Neon pink blanket

This blanket was a christmas present for my 16-year-old niece. If you've visited my blog before then you might have seen me writing about how I wanted to make both of my nieces a crocheted blanket - the one I made for my youngest niece is right here.
(Free pattern further down).




But this was for my oldest niece - and I wanted to try and make something with a bit of a modern twist for her - hence the neon pink...just hope that neon colors stay in fashion for a few seasons at least, so it won't be hopelessly old fashioned too soon :)  



It's not a complicated pattern - simply half double crochet throughout - but I wrote down everything I did including the number of rows, color changes etc. So feel free to download the pattern here or visit the Ravelry site for this pattern here



7 comments:

  1. I love this ! im going to attempt it , did you half double crochet into each chain stitch ? and did you chain any when turning ?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I started the first row doing half double stitches into each chain. Every time I turned, I chained 2.
      I hope you have a great time making the blanket:)

      Delete
  2. Love this style and colour way of blanket Marie. Just wondering how many balls of yarn you used of each colour and 100g or 50g balls? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan, I'm so glad you like the blanket. I used 1 skein of each colour - and each skein was 150g. It depends, of course, on how big you want your blanket, but if I were to make it again, I would make it a bit bigger - and therefore increase the amount of yarn.
      Hope you enjoy crocheting it :)

      Delete