Thursday 13 February 2014

Pink Shades Blanket

I have two wonderful nieces and ever since I first started to crochet I have wanted to make them each a blanket. This one I made for my youngest niece who is now almost 4. It was also a great excuse for me to go a little crazy with a lot of pink colours - which I thoroughly enjoyed :) (Free pattern further down.)

The yarn is all Red Heart Super Saver and I used a 6.0 mm hook. It's simply half double crochet throughout (I chained 150 which made quite a big blanket) - and then two rows of each pink colour followed by one row of white. 
Find my free pattern here and the Ravelry page for the pattern here. If you have any questions, please leave a comment. 



3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I was curious if you could tell me approximately how many yards of yarn you used. Also, have you made this pattern in a solid color? Thanks so much! -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thank you so much for your comment. According to the calculations on Ravelry, I have used the following yards of yarn per colour for this blanket:

      Red Heart Classic - Grenadine: 1.25 skeins = 237.5 yards
      Red Heart Soft Solids and Heathers - Rose Blush: 0.75 skein = 192 yards
      Red Heart Soft Solids and Heathers - Berry: 0.75 skein = 192 yards
      Red Heart Super Saver - Shocking Pink: 0.63 skein = 229.3 yards
      Red Heart Super Saver - Light Raspberry: 0.63 skein = 229.3 yards
      Red Heart Super Saver - Perfect Pink: 0.63 skein = 229.3 yards
      Red Heart Super Saver - Baby Pink: 0.63 skein = 229.3 yards

      So a total of 1538.7 yards.

      I hope this helps.

      I haven't made this pattern in a solid colour - but I made another blanket using this pattern with 5 very broad stripes - you can see it here http://www.greenteaandgiraffes.com/2014/02/neon-pink-blanket.html

      All the best,
      Marie

      Delete
    2. Hi Sarah,

      I forgot to add the numbers for the white yarn - so sorry about that. But here you go:

      Red Heart Super Saver - White: 803 yards

      Delete