Thursday 1 October 2015

What I'm currently working on (and need to finish)

I have a bad habit of working on multiple crochet projects at a time. I like the fact that I can work on one project for a while and then jump to another one when I feel like working with different colours and stitches - that way it never gets boring. Also, I constantly think of new ideas for blankets that I want to try out - and sometimes I just don't have the patience to wait until I've finished the project I'm working on at the time. 
So therefore, I currently have 3 WIPs - and I have promised myself that I will finish them before the end of 2015. It's really about time that I finish them - not only have I been working on them for over a year, but I also have new projects planned for 2016 (Tunisian crochet - can't wait!) and I want to start 'from scratch' with no half-finished projects lying around. 

www.greenteaandgiraffes.com

The top right one is single crochet - but instead of turning at the end of each row, I've started from the same side each row - thus, never turning the blanket as I go along. That creates this really unique look which I like.
The bottom left one is simply rows of double crochet - with one row for each colour where I've skipped a stitch for every 2 DC.
The bottom right one is actually only the second blanket I've crocheted where I've stuck to one colour. It's crocheted using only the start stitch - and I have to say, I think it is going to be one of my favourite blankets. I love the thick texture the start stitch gives the blanket - and I also adore the colour (although we don't quite agree on that at home:)).

If you have any questions, give me a shout - and as always, feel free to share some of your WIPs. As I finish these projects, I will be sure to share it on the blog with instructions on how to make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment