Saturday 8 February 2014

Blue Chevron Stripes Blanket


This is the first blanket I have ever crocheted using this pattern - but it is definitely not the last. I absolutely love the pointy chevron stripes it creates - and there are so many opportunities to make truly unique and beautiful blankets with a wide range of colour combos - my head is already spinning with ideas.



The pattern is the Shaded Blanket from the Lion Brand website. You need to create a profile to be able to access all of their patterns - but you don't receive any newsletters or anything from them, so it's really no hassle. And they have lots of great patterns! It is made using only single crochet, so once you've got the first row figured out, you should be fine. If you are having problems getting started you are welcome to drop me a line and I will try and help.
The yarn I used is primarily from the Red Heart Super Saver Range - except the dark grey which I had a lot of from a different project - but the grey heather from Red Heart would have worked just as well. I used a 6 mm hook. 


For more information about this blanket, the colours of yarn I used, quantities etc. check out my Ravelry page right here.


No comments:

Post a Comment