Wednesday 19 February 2014

Crocheted Slippers

I always have cold feet - I'm one of those people who even during the summer has cold feet at times. Therefore, it's probably not that surprising that I wanted to try this pattern for crocheted slippers when I found it - while scrolling through all of the crochet patterns on the Yarnspirations website. 
The slippers really are quick to make - and look very cute, especially if you pull a ribbon through the final row once they are done.




The yarn I used for these ones is Drops Eskimo - the same yarn as the one I used for my ear warmers. It calls for a 9 mm hook, but I used a 7 mm hook and I recommend using a smaller hook than you would normally - to get a slightly firmer texture. You don't want the slippers to expand too much. Size wise I also recommend making them a little bit smaller than you think - because no matter how firm the texture of your crochet, they will stretch a bit. I wasn't sure how to get the right size, but I measured the slipper against my foot as I went along and that worked out quite well - although that is not that easy if you are making them for someone else. You'll find the link for the pattern right here

No comments:

Post a Comment