Wednesday 19 February 2014

Dots'n Dashes Throw

This was one of the first blankets I made when I had just learned to crochet. I really like the overlapping effect of the yarn the pattern creates. The pattern - which is free from the Red Heart website - calls for three colours to be used, but technically you can use as many as you want. The advantage of using three colours is that you can carry them along the sides of the blanket, so there are hardly any loose ends to tie in when you are done with the blanket - and I probably don't have to tell you this - if you are a crocheter - but not having to sew in a lot of loose ends is always nice :)

Beware that this crochet structure stretches quite a bit once you start using your blanket, so it does get a bit bigger than it seems right when you are done making it. The yarn I used is Red Heart Super Saver and I used a 6 mm hook. If you want more info on the yarn I used, colours etc. then visit my Ravelry page for this blanket right here.

And if you have any questions or comments please feel free to write to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment