Saturday 22 February 2014

Purple Blanket - Never Ending Granny Square


When I taught myself to crochet it happened in front of my computer, with a big cup of tea, a crochet hook and some yarn. I was fortunate enough to stumble across Mickey from The Crochet Crowd when searching Youtube for videos teaching you how to crochet. I can't recommend his tutorials enough - they are so easy to follow and Mickey does a great job of showing and explaining everything a newbie needs to know when learning to crochet :)



Mickey has also written a free e-book on never ending granny squares - and it is a pattern from that book that I used to make this little blanket for my niece. The clever thing about never ending granny squares is that you can make a blanket with lots of different colours, but you only have loose ends at the beginning and end of the blanket - because you carry the colours through. However, this also means that you have to choose an odd number of colours - for the 'stitch-math' to make sense.
I used 5 colours from the Drops Alpaca range and crocheted the blanket using a 3.5 mm hook. If you want info on the yarn, colours etc. then visit my Ravelry page for this blanket right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment