Sunday 9 February 2014

What I'm working on now...a colourful stashbuster blanket

(I have now finished this blanket - see it here)
A few months ago I decided it was about time I start making a dent in my (ever growing) yarn stash. So I spent quite some time on Pinterest (who am I kidding, I do that anyways) looking for inspiration for colourful stashbuster blankets and finally came to the conclusion that a blanket made up of smaller granny squares was a good match to the yarn and colours I had available. Also, I have never made a blanket before that is made of a lot of smaller granny squares - I've only made a few blankets that are essentially one big granny square - and it is always fun trying new patterns.

The granny squares were quick to crochet - I used a 5.5 mm hook and did 10 rows for each square - each row a different colour. In the end it turned out that I only had enough yarn for 20 squares, but when I've sewn all of the squares together then I plan on crocheting 3 or 4 rows around the entire blanket as a nice border. I just finished dealing with all of the loose ends - 400 to be exact - which is always the issue when crocheting granny squares with lots of colours, I guess. I still haven't found a way to do it as I go - at least not without it being too visible for my liking.



I hope to be able to finish the blanket soon - and I can't wait to share it here :)

What do you do with your yarn stash - I would love to hear your ideas and get inspired!


No comments:

Post a Comment